In simple terms, Counseling involves one person (the counselor) helping another person (the client) to work through some difficult or painful emotional...Read More
Every parent's nightmare is when their child becomes a teenager. Any parent who has a teenager is probably familiar with the term conflict...Read More
Marriage requires mutual understandings, common goals, devotion and loyalty which explains that husband and wife seek ways to enrich one another's life...Read More
What People are Saying about Dr. Nappinnai
Did a 120-hour internship in April 2017 as was required for me to graduate in B.A. (Psychology) from IGNOU. Was extremely satisfied with the experience. I was initially against the idea of travelling from Adyar to Mogappair everyday, but within days it became worth my while. Such a cost was far outweighed by the benefits obtained. I got to sit in as an observer on several sessions, with multiple clients, for various problems. We were also taught to administer certain questionnaires and assess personality test results. Waiting is an inevitable side effect of a psychology internship because the consent of the client is mandatory, but I don't remember idling away once in the 30 day-span of my internship.....
10 points for A SUCCESSFUL MARITAL LIFE
1. LISTEN AND COMMUNICATE WITH EMPATHY.
2. RESPECT AND VALUE YOUR SPOUSE'S FEELINGS AND NEEDS
3. APOLOGIZE WHEN NEEDED
4. APPRECITE AND ENCOURAGE YOUR SPOUSE
5. BE HONEST
6. NEVER DECIDE UNILATERALLY
7. THERE IS NO WINNING OR LOOSING IN MARRIAGE
8. LAUGH TOGETHER AND NOT AT EACH OTHER
9. NEVER BRING BACK THE MISTAKES OF THE PAST
10. NEVER CRITICIZE YOUR SPOUSE PARTICULARLY IN THE PRESENCE OF OTHERS.